[ic] We're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable...

Ryan Hunt interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Apr 15 06:03:00 2003

Ahhh, I was waiting for someone to ask this question. This took me a long
time to work this out...

If you are using the FreeBSD port (which I did) it mungs up where the socket
file is.

I can't remember exactly where the setting is held, but check these places:

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/interchange.sh
/usr/local/interchange/interchange.cfg
/usr/local/interchange/etc/mode.unix

I think when I installed it had something like /!!###!__VV VARIABLE/socket
and for some reason doesn't work under FreeBSD.

It's all working fine, it just can't find the correct socket to connect to.
When you find the correct file, send to the list how to you fixed it. :)

Ryan.