[ic] Challenging Pricing Problem

Andy Melichar interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Apr 15 18:11:01 2003

My customer has requested that I discount a product based off of the
purchase of other products.

For example, they are selling steaks in packages of 4, 8, or 12. The
item that needs the discount is steak salt. If a customer purchases an 8
or 12 pack of steaks (could be one of 5 different cuts = 10 different
products that would apply the discount) then the steak salt is
discounted.

So if I just bought the steak salt, I would pay 4.49
If I purchase any 8 pack of steaks, I would pay 3.49 for the steaks
salt.
If I purchase any 12 pack of steaks, I would pay 2.49 for the steak
salt.

I am clueless as to handle this type of discount. Has anyone done this
before? Is there functionality already built into interchange that would
help me with this?

Thanks in advance,

Andy Melichar
Rebel2 Studios