[ic] No Place Order button on 4.9.x demo

Kirill Sapelkin interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Apr 16 00:23:01 2003

Hello,

Using mozzilla 1.3 on interchange 4.9.6 home page, I was not able to
see the "Place Order" button on the bottom of the checkout page.  The
4.9.x demo page on the icdevgroup site yeilded the same result.  The
4.8.x demo page on the icdevgroup site shows a "Place Order" button.

A bug report to mozilla and got the following two replies:

Two letters from mozilla:

> ------- Additional Comments From moz@placenamehere.com  2003-04-01 22:32 -------
> ->All/All (OS X 1.4a)
>
> (a) Looks like a height/overflow issue
> (b) Don't see the button in apple's safari either
>
> probably a tech evangelism thing
>
> From: bugzilla-daemon@mozilla.org
>
> ---- Additional Comments From controllers@yahoo.com  2003-04-02 20:33 ---
> -
> The problem is with the row above the "Place order" button.  There is a Table
> cell with a div which contains another div with positon:absolute.  This takes
> the Div(w/position:absolute) out of the flow making its containg DIV height of
> 0.  The  Div(w/position:absolute) is then drawn over the next row which contain
> the "Place Order" button.
>
> I hope that wasn't too confusing:)

Well, it did confuse me, so I went back to mozilla 1.0 and it all
worked fine.    But now a customer complians...

> I have tried to place my order several times and am about to give up.  Your
> website fails to show a place order button with any browser on a mac
> (Netscape, Internet Explorer, Safari) and will not change from PO Order to
> Credit card fields on a PC.  I have tried multiple machines.  I'm sending
> you a copy of my saved cart.

Other customers place orders without problems.

--
Kirill Sapelkin
znanie@rawbw.com