[ic] Single widget matrix options

Thu Apr 17 12:29:01 2003

Quoting Jamie Neil (jamie@versado.net):
> But I think a neater solution would be to:
>
> 1) set sorting on a per widget basis (o_sort makes sense as an added field
> to the Variants table but o_group doesn't)
>
> 2) somehow break the link between the base sku and the option sku values
> i.e. a base sku of os0001 could have option skus of os0002, os0005 and
> os0010 instead of os0001-red-s, os0001-blue-s, os0001-blue-m. This would
> make integration with other stock control systems easier too as it doesn't
> require a translation table for converting between IC skus and external ones
> (which is what I'm going to have to do at the moment)
>
> Comments welcome :)

I will comment -- I think it is a good idea. I don't have time to do
it myself, and I think it won't be easy, but I still think it is a
good idea. 8-)

Probably the easiest way to do that is to make a new Options module
separate-only, and use the item_add_action to sort out the option
settings when the item is ordered.

WRT fixing what is there now, I think we need to sort on the
*options* table with o_sort,o_group for the separate widget type.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

I have a cop friend who thinks he ought be able to give a new ticket;
"too dumb for conditions".