[ic] Auto-create of user failed (new)

Gabriel S interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Apr 17 13:52:00 2003

>#### begin [value mv_order_number] #####
> [userdb
> function=new_account
> assign_username=1
> [comment] Agrego pass para corregir problema de auto-create 4 letras [/comment]

>I would have said that putting this comment in between [userdb
>and  ] would have caused the tag to malfunction, but I've just tested and
>rather suprisingly it makes no difference. Though I would move it out
>anyway and test it on your version of Interchange - it may well be
>enough to cause it to fail.
>Failing that, you will need to dig a little deeper - try to display the actual
>value of both zip and username for starters.

I tried your suggestion of moving out the comment and didn't work.... at first!
This means (don't know why) the auto-create function started working after several attemps but
with no apparent reason (starting with user number 10 and so on...).
I'm currently trying to migrate the catalog to spanish and i made several changes to it. So i
decided not to trust my catalog and went for makecat, creating a brand new one. This time as you
said, auto-create would fail with zip codes of less than
4 digits and succeed with more. Tried your first hint, added "pass" in
log_transaction, and it worked.
Just wanted to let you know.

Thanks for your help.

BR,