[ic] Hijacking Threads (Was: __DOCROOT__ value in UserTag)

Andy Mayer interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Apr 17 15:21:01 2003

Hi Doug,

Many thanks for the detailed info and long reply.

I am sorry and didn't intend to hijack the thread. Before Mike
explained, I was totally ignorant of the "In-Reply-To:" header that
maintains the threads. Instead, I naively thought that threading was
done based on the Subject line (now I know better!).

So to save me typing in the list address, I picked an old message, hit
reply, and typed in the new subject, incorrectly thinking that would
start a new thread. Now I am enlightened I will not do it again!

Please accept my apologies,

Andy