[ic] Error: Unrecognized character \x08 at (eval 61) line 164, <GLOBAL>

Shailesh Setha interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Apr 18 01:22:02 2003

Hello All,

When I start the Interchange server I receive following
message:-
"
The Interchange server was not running
(/usr/local/interchange/etc/interchange.pid).
Low traffic settings.
Calling UI...UserTag 'import_fields' subroutine failed
compilation:

          Unrecognized character \x08 at (eval 61) line 164,
<GLOBAL> line 290.

In line 290 of the configuration file
'lib/UI/usertag/import_fields.tag':
UserTag import_fields Routine <<EOR

...UI is loaded...
Interchange V4.8.7
Configuring catalog netteam...Using MySQL,
DSN=dbi:mysql:test_netteam...done.
Configuring catalog shailesh...Using MySQL,
DSN=dbi:mysql:test_shailesh...done.
Interchange server started in UNIX mode(s) (process id 15030)
"
And there is no such character in given file.
Although I have not yet faced any problem due to this, all is
functioning well.
Its 4.8.7 I am using, previously I was having 4.8.3 and no such
error was there.

And for downloadable items, what do we need to write in the fields
download, dl_type and dl_location, what type of meta is used for
each field (default is text).
I have created a new item and given
download => logo.gif,
dl_type => gif and
location => images/dwnimages.

But when customer clicks on download button a new page opens and
message is written "Sorry: item xyz not found".
What should I do?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advanced.

Er. Shailesh Setha