[ic] Content Editor

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Apr 18 11:39:01 2003

>  >> Is there some other way to make changes to templates/pages without
>  >> having to interchange -r after each change?
>  >>
>  >> Thanks,
>  >> Keith Klingeman
>  >>

>  > You can edit the files via ssh and vi. I didn't think they
> would update,
>  > because I was under the impression they were variables, but I
> edited one
>  > just this morning, and the changes were immediate.
>  >
>  > Paul
>
> Thanks Paul,
>
> When I vi the page, the changes are seen on the clien catalog, however
> on UI Content Editor, the are not present.  Doing an Apply Changes
> doesn't help either.  I have to bounce the server for it to take effect
> in the UI.
>
> Thanks,
> Keith

Keith, It has been a long time since I used Content Editor, but I remember
now that changes to the templates are immediate. When you edit it in the UI,
you press 'save'... there is a slight refresh, then you press 'publish'.
They are immediate... 4.9.x

In 4.8.x I think you only had to press one button. Maybe you are reading the
page from cache?

Paul