[ic] Content Editor

Kevin Old interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Apr 18 14:07:01 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 11:37, Paul Jordan wrote:
> >  >> Is there some other way to make changes to templates/pages without
> >  >> having to interchange -r after each change?
> >  >>
> >  >> Thanks,
> >  >> Keith Klingeman
> >  >>

> >  > You can edit the files via ssh and vi. I didn't think they
> > would update,
> >  > because I was under the impression they were variables, but I
> > edited one
> >  > just this morning, and the changes were immediate.
> >  >
> >  > Paul
> >
> > Thanks Paul,
> >
> > When I vi the page, the changes are seen on the clien catalog, however
> > on UI Content Editor, the are not present.  Doing an Apply Changes
> > doesn't help either.  I have to bounce the server for it to take effect
> > in the UI.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Keith
>
> Keith, It has been a long time since I used Content Editor, but I remember
> now that changes to the templates are immediate. When you edit it in the UI,
> you press 'save'... there is a slight refresh, then you press 'publish'.
> They are immediate... 4.9.x
>
> In 4.8.x I think you only had to press one button. Maybe you are reading the
> page from cache?
>
> Paul

Paul/Keith,

I can shed some light on the subject.  Everything under CATROOT/pages
can be edited via vi, saved and the results are view able without
restarting IC.  If you edit a component or template, you must restart IC
or Apply Changes.

I've done all editing via vi for 4.8 and 4.9 and they work the same.

Hope this helps,
Kevin

--
Kevin Old <kold@carolina.rr.com>