[ic] Content Editor

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Apr 18 14:29:00 2003

> > now that changes to the templates are immediate. When you edit
> it in the UI,
> > you press 'save'... there is a slight refresh, then you press 'publish'.
> > They are immediate... 4.9.x
> >
> > In 4.8.x I think you only had to press one button. Maybe you
> are reading the
> > page from cache?
> >
> > Paul
>
> Paul/Keith,
>
> I can shed some light on the subject.  Everything under CATROOT/pages
> can be edited via vi, saved and the results are view able without
> restarting IC.  If you edit a component or template, you must restart IC
> or Apply Changes.
>
> I've done all editing via vi for 4.8 and 4.9 and they work the same.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Kevin

I would like some light shed. I use vi now, and I never-ever have to apply
changes or restart, no matter if I edit a template, component or page. I
also don't need to apply changes or restart if I edit said content in ADMIN.
I didn't edit with vi too much when I had 4.8, so I really can't say for
sure there.

Paul