[ic] Re: Shipping - Add $10 for Hawaii and Alaska?

John Young interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Apr 22 16:51:02 2003

Andy Melichar wrote:

> My client has a price-based shipping table which I have already set up.
> The only thing I need to change is to add an additional $10.00 fee for
> Alaska and Hawaii. Here is my shipping.asc file:
>
> WEXPR	W&W Express Delivery	[subtotal noformat=1]	0	0
> e Nothing to ship!		{'ui_ship_type' => "_subtotal",'ups' =>
> "0",'PriceDivide' => "1",}
> WEXPR	W&W Express Delivery	[subtotal noformat=1]	0	50
> 21.95		{'PriceDivide' => "1",}

[WOVN, and WSTD followed]

One easy and not-computationally-intensive way would be to simply
define additional shipping entries (WEXPRAH, WOVNAH, WSTDAH, perhaps?)
that have the $10 added.  Then, use those entries in the shipmodes
field in your state table instead of the normal entries.  See
products/state.txt if you are not sure what I mean (I think you
do know since you are creating your own shipping.asc entries).

Not sure if that's considered kludgey (most of my stuff is), but
it's simple and it should work... and kludgey solutions that work
are sometimes better than elegant solution fantasies...

John Young