[ic] Re: No Place Order button on 4.9.x demo

Toni Mueller interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Apr 23 06:29:00 2003

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 10:33:02AM -0500, Joshua Lavin wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 16, 2003, at 08:32  AM, Lyn St George wrote:
> > As it seems that some browsers are being confused by this, you
> > could just force the choice back to 'old_browser_payment', which
> > does not have any of the code in question.

confirmed for Debian/sid plus Mozilla 1.3 (not the .deb), and
irrespective of JavaScript being enabled or not.

The idea seems to be that the button gets only shown when you
have filled the form correctly. But the form itself needs some
browser flipping to work since it comes up with the payment
method "credit card" but only a field for a PO number. Flipping
the payment method twice yields a correct credit card input
widget if JavaScript is enabled.

> This is what I did just last week. My Mac browsers did weird things
> with that part of checkout.html. Better to use old standards that work
> all the time, IMO.

:-/

I partially agree, but find the use of a style sheet much preferrable
to hard coding attributes although I'd rather have the style sheet
seperately loaded (ie, <link rel=...> instead of <style> blocks).

Just nitpicking again... don't hesitate to ignore.

Best,
--Toni++