[ic] (No Subject)

rick kershner interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Apr 24 13:41:01 2003

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I am working on setting up stores (yes, that's plural) in interchange and moving one from another proprietary system. I am having a devil of a time with the payment gateway stuff / the documentation assumes you know much more than I do about the workings of this. The big prob;lem is that it uses authorize.net for the payments.

Apparently, the original store was set up using a proprietary shopping cart system and those people will not tell me what they are doing, which authorize.net system they are using; in fact they probably do not know, and when I contacted their tech support all I got was "who is telling you this" and "why do you want to know". Authorize.net, on their end, is changing to a required more secure system May 1 (SIM) but they can not tell whether the existing cart is using that or not (probably not, from what I have seen), and my information on this end is so sketchy the account apparently either does not have a secret question or it is no question with a secret answer that I do not know.) This is a very small shop and web pages are only part of what I do.

There is some Authorize.net Meta field parameters in the admin page of interchange but they are specifically for the old system that expires May 1. The Authorize.net perl module in http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/downloads/payments/ is also the obsolete system.

On top of all this, my main (never be without several backups) email account is down today. Is this a curse?

Help! | Help! | Help! | Help! | Help! | Help! | Help! | Help!

Is there anyone out there who has implemented Authorize.net Simple Integration Method (SIM) and can walk me through the steps necessary to get my stores working? I am stuck on this.

You can reach me at this email address
rickkershner@lycos.com or my main
rickkershner@mail.com (when they get it fixed, hopefully today)