[ic] Redhat 9 and Perl won't let Interchagne Install

Geoff Sternecker interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Apr 24 16:16:01 2003

On Wednesday 23 April 2003 01:20 pm, Tommy Pruitt wrote:
> On to the problem.
> Interchange won't install because it requires:
> perl-Digest-MD5
> perl-MIME-Base64
> perl-Safe-Hole
> perl-SQL-Statement
> perl-Storable
> perl-libnet
>
> These are all installed already.  Remember it was working under Redhat
> 8.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck.  Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Tommy

Let me guess, you did a perl cpan install of interchange and the required
modules.
RedHat 9 is looking for RPM installs.
So,
1) grab the perl source from cpan and build it without threads.
2) roll it into your own custom RPM package.
3) Install your custom Perl RPM into RedHat 9.

4) grab the module sources from cpan, or download the 7.2 versions from:
http://ftp.icdevgroup.org/perl/RHL-7.2/
Note: with Interchange, SQL::Statement, The correct version is 0.1021.
5) If you grabbed source, roll the modules into their own RPM packages.
5) install your RPM packages into RedHat 9

--
Geoff Sternecker