[ic] Default products options

Fri Apr 25 11:44:00 2003

Quoting Jamie Neil (jamie@versado.net):
[snip because of bad wrapping by mailer]

> > How about [item-common field]?
> >

> I've been through all the documentation I can find, and I can only see the
> odd passing reference to this tag. I've also grepped my IC files and am not
> much more enlightened. What does it do and how do you use it? It seems to
> behave exactly like [item-field].
>
> My guess was that it is supposed to return the variant value of the field
> unless it is blank in which case it returns the equivilent base product
> field.

That is exactly what it does for an item in an item-list. For a search
list it can't do that, obviously, because it doesn't know what the
master SKU is. If you are searching variant tables you need to handle
that yourself.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second
time you make it. -- unknown