[ic] Default products options

Jamie Neil interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Apr 25 11:50:01 2003

[snip]

> > How about [item-common field]?
> >

> I've been through all the documentation I can find, and I can only see the
> odd passing reference to this tag. I've also grepped my IC files
> and am not
> much more enlightened. What does it do and how do you use it? It seems to
> behave exactly like [item-field].
>
> My guess was that it is supposed to return the variant value of the field
> unless it is blank in which case it returns the equivilent base product
> field. If so then it doesn't seem to work for me (it returns the base
> product field no matter what).
>
> Jamie Neil

I finally found the notes for PREFIX-common in the cvs changelog for Data.pm
(5 minutes after I hit send :) ).

This is pretty much what I was referring to (before I knew it existed), but
I don't see how it can be used to handle pricing information. If I set the
price of a variant to null ("") it comes up as £0 at the checkout and adds
£0 to the basket total.

I assume CommonAdjust is the way around this, I've just got to work out how
to do a CommonAdjust entry that searches for the mv_sku instead of the
default code.

Many Thanks,

Jamie Neil