[ic] Call ITL/Admin UI pages via command line?

Stefan Hornburg interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Apr 25 18:12:00 2003

On 25 Apr 2003 12:09:42 -0400
Kevin Old <kold@carolina.rr.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I know this question has been asked millions of times on the list, and
> I've searched the archives, but haven't found any answers to them.
>
> Does anyone know of a way to run the repetitive tasks done via the
> Admin UI via the command line?  For instance, I'd like to write a perl
> script that would go and scour the active sessions and collect certain
> information for me.  Yeah, I know I can look in the apache server logs
> and get tons of info, but the stuff I want is only in the sessions.
> Another thing would be the "Generate other's who links" via the
> command line.
>
> Is there some way I can call some of the modules and create a virtual
> IC session?  Just trying to think outside the box.

In 4.9.x you can use an Interchange job to do such repetitive tasks,
which would allow to access the catalog configuration and any usertags
available. "Generate other's ..." is one of the perfect fits for this
new feature. Reading sessions from disk wouldn't be hard either.

Bye
       Racke