[ic] documentation for the mv_* variables

Jason Crickmer interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Apr 27 21:12:01 2003

On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 05:13:04PM -0400, Kevin Old wrote:
> Jason,
>
> The list of variables and meanings are in the Interchange Tags
> Reference.
>
> You can find it here:
> http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/docs/frames/ictags_163.html

I had already come across this one, but I guess I still had some
questions about their use... I should have been more explicit in my
original query.

I assume that the "scan" column gives the two-letter abbreviation for
the variable when using the "scan" function (if it is called a
function, please let me know... my terminology is a little off, I
think).  But what do the letters in the "Type" column mean?

Also, which ones (if not all) are set through a form submissions, and
which ones can be set directly to the session?  How can the values of
these variables be retrieved on the following page?  Which ones are
mutually exclusive (e.g., mv_click and mv_check ??)?

I realize I am a newbie, so I am sure that all of this is RTFM.  I
just haven't found it all in a concise source yet.

Thanks,
Jason