[ic] (no subject)

Jim Balcom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Apr 28 00:13:00 2003

I tried using the unsubscribe information in the message header. That does
not work!

Interchange is primarily for unix-like systems, and my linux servers don't
run web pages.

I followed the second line and got nasty-grams back from the server. I'm not
sure what it wants. Why isn't e-mail from the subscription address and using
the 2nd line enough?

One message gave me an e-mail address to use to reach a human. I sent one on
Friday Morning. That's a work day. It's now Sunday night and I am still on
the list.

No wonder there are so many people sending messages to the list trying to
unsubscribe! The unsubscribe information in the message headers is bogus and
doesn't work, and the admin people don't pay any attention.

So, the only solution that I see is to block the IP address that these
messages come in on. I don't like doing this, it's very rude, but there
appears to be no other way to put an end to all of these spammers!

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Sunday, April 27, 2003 at 23:00 PM:
Famous last words - Don't worry, I can handle it.

This Linux System has been up 291 hours