[ic] Interchange version ?

Tue Apr 29 14:17:01 2003

Quoting Schuyler Langdon (icdevlist@gatordev.com):
> > I am using 4.9.7 without problems. I think you need to evaluate the
> scenario
> > where you are going to implement interchange. Mine, on the other hand, is
> a LAN
> > with not shipping nor prices requirements. Therefore, I decided to use the
> > unstable version, which looks better, but at the same time, can be
> unstable.
> >
> > Regards
> > Diego
> >
> > > What is the recommended version of interchange to use for a e-commerce
> site?
> > > I am not on this mailing list, so please respond to the return address
> > > given.
> > >

> For a real business application, I would recommend the stable release over
> the current release. I ran through the latest demo recently and the parts of
> the admin manual order placement did work as expected. This was the only
> functionality I looked at but I imagine with the current revamp there would
> be other inconsistancies as well.

And I would recommend the opposite. If you are developing now and use
4.8, you will be developing with outdated and unsupported code.

WRT the functionality of the new order stuff, it requires a new
catalog order routing to work totally. It is *supposed* to work
with the old foundation, but assuredly if you have done custom
log_transaction or log_entry it may not.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second
time you make it. -- unknown