[ic] creating content in subdirectory using admin ui

Naomi Taylor interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Apr 30 12:30:01 2003

Hi all,

I was hoping someone would be able to help me figure out how to create a new
content page in a subdirectory (i.e. pages/news/topic1.html) using the admin ui
(v4.9).  The new page creation form (no matter from which directory I approach
it) creates any new page in the pages/ directory.  I tried putting the subdir
name in the page name, "news/topic1", but this caused publish to fail later on.
 I can only assume it's the slash messing things up since the exact same page
named "newstopic1" publishes just fine.

I would like to use the subdirectories since there will be many many pages and
it'll be easier for the admin.  Also, since a non-programmer will be updating
these content items, a command-line solution isn't workable.  If anyone could
let me know if/how I can use the ui this way, I would really appreciate it.

thanks,
     Naomi