[ic] Shipping to different zip code

Wed Apr 30 14:47:01 2003

Quoting Russell Mann (tech@khouse.org):
> Hello,
>
> I'm using IC 4.8.3 and the default user database setup is klunky in regards
> to the shipping and billing address.  The billing address should be the
> primary information entered, and shipping information should only be entered
> if it is separate.

You make this statement without showing any evidence as to why anyone
should agree with you.

> In any case, I fixed the problem by eliminating the
> shipping address from the userdb, and selecting a shipping address for the
> entire order based on entries in the "ship_addresses" data table.
>
> The problem comes in calculating shipping costs.  If the shipping and
> billing addresses are the same, no problem.  If the shipping address is
> different, I need to be able to calculate shipping based on a different
> address.  How can this be done?

You will have to figure that out, since you chose to use a different
paradigm. You should probably change your shipping calculation code to
account for this.

Not having to deal with this is just one of the advantages of having a
the main address be the shipping address.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

If you like what you're gettin', keep doin' what you're doin'. -- Hector