[ic] Shipping to different zip code

Russell Mann interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Apr 30 19:14:00 2003

> You don't have to worry about tax application on alternative addresses,
> either. It is very important to have precise geo information for taxing,
> and shipping address is almost always the basis for tax.

I don't know how everyone else uses IC, but when I sell to someone, they are
taxed for their billing location, because that is where the product is being
sold.  So, with the paradigm of making the billing address primary, taxing
is not a problem.  Who uses the shipping address to tax?  Are there others
using IC where billing address is taxed?

I've solved part of the problem.  I just set the shipping.asc file to lookup
on a different value field, which is set by logic to either the main
"billing" zip, or to the zip from the currently selected shipping address.

Next to tackle, shipping to international locations.  Any ideas on how to
change which field is being used for the shipping country?

Thanks,

Russell