[ic] matrix options

Jim Boyer interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Apr 30 19:35:01 2003

 >Message: 27
 >Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:49:40 -0400
 >From: Mike Heins <mike@perusion.com>
 >To: interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
 >Subject: Re: [ic] Help with matrix options
 >

 >Quoting Jim Boyer (boyerj@wsu.edu):
 >> I am trying to get matrix options working with sku's in the products
 >> database.  I have read and read and tried many different variations, but
 >> nothing seems to work.  Here is my last attempt in modifying the options
 >> table.  I turned the table sideways to fit in the email.  The first part is
 >> the IC setup that works with it's own code.  The second I change the code
 >> field to point to a sku in the products table.  The first one works fine,
 >> but when I change the codes I do not get a select list.  These are the only
 >> fields that are not empty in the options table.
 >>
 >> I have read that people have got this working, but I am sure missing
 >> something here.  I am running with RH 7.3, MySQL 3.23.54, IC 4.9.7, perl
 >> 5.6.1 .
 >

 >Suggest you change your "options" table to match the 4.9.7 ones from
 >foundation, and add the "variant" table. Then add a field "option_type"
 >in the products table, and put in catalog.cfg:
 >

 >        OptionsEnable   option_type
 >

 >At that point the UI should work well for the Matrix type.
 >

 >It would be good to update to the latest 4.9.7 from nightly_build,
 >too.
 >

 >Best,
 >Mike
 >--
 >Mike Heins
 >Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting    http://www.perusion.com/
 >phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Mike thanks for the help, I finally got the select list to work,
but now it won't talk to the products table.
Here is the error log and database output with the revelant data.  Thanks
for any help,

error.log
-------------
/demo/order.html Attempt to order missing product code: MG0014-M-MG0015
/demo/order.html Attempt to order missing product code: MG0014-M-MG0014
-------------

mysql> select * from options where sku like 'MG%' or code like 'MG%';
+----------+----------+---------+---------+
| code     | sku      | o_group | o_label |
+----------+----------+---------+---------+
| MG0014-M |          |         |         |
| 100024   | MG0014-M | size    | Size    |
+----------+----------+---------+---------+

------------------------------------------------+----------+
  o_value                                        | o_widget |
------------------------------------------------+----------+
                                                 |          |
  MG0014=Medium*,MG0015=Large,MG0016=Extra Large | select   |
------------------------------------------------+----------+

--------------+
  display_type |
--------------+
  separate     |

--------------+

mysql> select * from variants where sku like 'MG%';
+--------+----------+-------------+-------+
| code   | sku      | description | price |
| MG0016 | MG0014-M | Extra large | 26.85 |
| MG0014 | MG0014-M | Medium      | 26.85 |
| MG0015 | MG0014-M | Large       | 26.85 |

Jim Boyer
Systems Programmer
Information Dept
College of Agriculture and Home Economics
Washington State University