[ic] Scared.

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Tue Aug 5 15:17:54 EDT 2003

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, Doug Alcorn wrote:

> Many times in the past we've talked about a database of service
> providers for Interchange.  This would include both ISPs who offer IC
> hosting and consultants who offer catalog and IC customizations.
[snip]
> The proper place to list this database is the icdevgroup.org site.  If
> someone gives me access, I'll implement the database and the forms
> necessary to enter/maintain/search it. Alternatively, I could implement
> something on my own site and then offer up my pages and such for someone
> actually in icdevgroup to just upload/integrate.

Doug,

I'd be interested in having you develop the pages and database schema (for
MySQL) on your own machine, then hand it off. If it runs under the latest
4.9 in CVS, there should be no problem. I think it'd be great to have the
consultants and hosting database on icdevgroup.org. Something relatively
simple is probably best, though there should be some kind of approval
function for us to screen submissions before they go live. A way for end
users to comment on hosts and consultants would be pretty nice!

Final signoff would have to come from all the core developers, not just
me, but I doubt you'll see any opposition. Let me know when you have
something to try out!

Thanks,
Jon