[ic] Adding to cart (mini-cart)

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Fri Aug 8 12:25:15 EDT 2003

> Since now I know I am not the only one doing this I will stick to it. Hopefully others will
> see the benefits and follow this neat Interchange capability, maybe ICDEVGROUP
> should patent it before Amazon or OpenMarket/Divine do.
Software patents don't work where there's "prior art", so you should
be safe.  Software patents are not valid in the UK, and other free
countries, so I'm safe whatever.  :-)

Take a look at the mini-cart on http://www.diy.com/.  It sticks out
like a sore thumb and inserts a large "The item above has been added
to your basket" block under the ordered item.  The site doesn't run
Interchange, but it shows that the mini-cart idea works and is in use
on busy sites, which further re-enforces the prior art.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz