[ic] Tax exempt customers

Michael Teahan michael at espressoresource.com
Thu Aug 21 08:19:47 EDT 2003

I have been trying to find through the tax setup features of IC how to
not charge sales tax to resale customers.  I know that I can exempt tax
by state or item, but doing so by customer type is what I really need.
Is there something I am missing that makes this a simple task?  Can I
tax exempt the wholesale pricing while leaving the retail taxable.
Would it be simpler to setup a California Sales tax category, like CA_,
that has no sales tax but doesn't mess with the address too badly for
invoicing and reports?

This is the last sticking point before jumping on board with IC for our
ecommerce site.

Thanks in advance, always, for any help you can provide.

Michael