AW: [ic] Problem with PGP and credit card

Mike Heins mike at
Thu Dec 4 11:19:59 EST 2003

Quoting Lars Tode (tode at
> Hi Barry,
> > this is the source of your error, which tells me that you did not tell
> > IC where to find gpg, or that gpg is not in IC's path...
> I added EncryptProgram and EncryptKey to my catalog.cfg
> Variable    EncryptProgram  /usr/local/bin/gpg
> Variable    EncyptKey       /usr/home/foo/.gnupg/me.pkr

EncryptKey is not a filename. It is an identifier that selects
the key. It is whatever would select a unique key from this
command line:

	gpg --list-keys UNIQUE_STRING

For instance, I do:

	gpg --list-keys 6792C81F

and get

    gpg: WARNING: using insecure memory!
    pub  1024D/6792C81F 2002-06-10 Mike Heins <mike at>
    sub  1024g/F4382AA9 2002-06-10

Mike Heins
Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting
phone +1.765.647.1295      <mike at>

Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second
time you make it. -- unknown