[ic] Interchange should make thumbnails

Ton Verhagen tverhagen at alamerce.nl
Fri Dec 5 14:02:45 EST 2003

Quoting tom friedel <tomfriedel at earthlink.net> :

>It could use Netpbm utilities to resize an image when it is upoaded.
>I've done that in the custom shopping carts I've written.  I think
>thumbnails are best as jpegs as most people have truecolor displays (as
>opposed to 256 colors). The code I have converts to 'pnm', calls pnmscale,
>and then calls ppmtojpeg (for example).  If I had more time I would
>undertake this.  If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me.

Interchange has a feature to resize images.

Have a look at the [image] tag.

[image src="os28004.gif" imagesubdir="items" makesize="50x50"]

Good luck !

Best regards,

Alamerce Nederland --- Cornerstone of eBusiness
Phone +31-40-2374381    info at alamerce.nl    http://www.alamerce.nl

eCommerce Solutions -- Consulting -- Website & Interchange Hosting