[ic] Using MyODBC to update MySQL tables

Joshua Lavin joshua at kingdomdesign.com
Fri Dec 5 18:31:13 EST 2003

We're changing the way we update our products database. The old way was
to upload a new products.txt and remove products.sql. The new way we're
trying is using MyODBC to do updates on the products database directly.
This is really helpful for us since we are syncing Interchange with a
point-of-sale system, and updates are a lot smaller than sending the
whole file each night.

I'm wondering if there could be any problems with using this method.
Say the update fails halfway, is products going to be ruined?

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,
Josh