[ic] CommonAdjust using fields other than Pricing.

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Tue Dec 9 12:40:09 EST 2003

At 09:20 AM 12/9/2003 +0000, you wrote:
> > At 01:09 PM 12/8/2003 +0000, you wrote:
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >I need to display a value directly relevant to which price I
> > am displaying
> > >per user logged in.
> >
> > That's a vague statement - if your post from last week was
> > more clearly
> > phrased, I suggest you repost that.
> >
> > - Ed
> >

>Ed, here is my post from last week:
>
>Hi,
>
>I have to configure CommonAdjust to enable me to do the following.
>I have 2 price's, one for accounts customers (PLOF) and one for non account
>customers (contract).

You could probably modify the 'dealer' pricing that is already part of the
foundation demo to do this. There are retail and wholesale (dealer) price
fields in the products table which should also appear in the item editor,
and a dealer flag which can be set for a customer account. When a person
with dealer=TRUE logs into the store, they get the wholesale price
(configured in etc/after.cfg with pricing profiles).

>Alongside this I have 2 set's of percentage calculations which I need to
>display alongside the prices when the items are displayed. These percentage
>values are static, so no actual calculations take place in Interchange.
>I need to display the 2 relevant values when either a PLOF customer or a
>Contract customer logs in.
>i.e
>
>plofprice  |  contractprice  |  plofpercentageoff  |  contractpercentageoff
>
>   6.81               5.84              58                       64
>
>So if a Contract customer logs in, they see:
>
>£5.84 with 64% off
>
>And likewise for a PLOF Customer:
>
>£6.81 with 58% off

If these are static values, then you just need to add plofpercentageoff and
contractpercentageoff fields to your products table (or a new table keyed
to products by sku if you prefer) and display them as needed.

- Ed L.

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax