[ic] Question about Interchange's capabilities

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Wed Dec 10 12:37:18 EST 2003

At 09:28 PM 12/10/2003 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi all, I've been using AgoraCart but seem to have hit a problem with what
>I want to do, so I'm looking at trying out Interchange, but need to  know
>if it will fit my needs first. I have mobile phones for sale, and the user
>can buy phones on plans with no upfront cost, so the base price of the
>phone is $0, and cost is added on through options on the product. My
>required features are;
>
>1) At the shopping cart view and the checkout view I want to have two
>colums instead of total cost;
>
>* Monthly Bill
>* Upfront Cost
>
>These two colums would have their values selected via drop down boxes on
>the product. So on one box they pick which phone plan (affecting the
>monthly bill) and the other box they pick either monthly payment (adding
>to monthly bill) or outright purchase (adding to upfront cost, which is
>intially $0). Ideally I'd like to also have checkbox option so they can
>request a gold number, adding $200 to the upfront cost.
>

>2) Be able to customise the checkout order form to either;
>a. add a lot of fields and use error checking on the fields (some fields
>are only required if another field is selected etc), or
>b. Let me insert my own html forms that appear after the checkout is
>submitted, to gather extra info.
>

>Sorry for the lengthy post, but I really wanted to make sure that this can
>be done before I install the cart. Thanks,
>
>Dave.

Dave -

All this and more is doable with interchange, and the built-in features of
the foundation store demo will get you quite a ways along, but you will
have to roll up your sleeves and do some work. Most people find the
learning curve for customizing interchange projects to be fairly steep, so
you might consider securing one of the competent consultants on this list
for the rough spots.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax