[ic] [permissions] who is on first?

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Wed Dec 10 18:38:19 EST 2003

Quoting Ed LaFrance (edl at newmediaems.com):
> At 04:58 PM 12/10/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I am in the process of investigating Interchange for by clients. So far,
> >the process has gone relatively smoothly but I have encountered a problem
> >updating the status on a pending order. Specifically, the action is denied
> >and I am redirected to the admin login page. The error logs indicate that
> >I have "attempted database update without permission, table=transactions".
> >
> >I am running an "out of the box" install using the default "foundation"
> >store and DBM files.
> >
> >I have checked the actual file system permissions and they are fine. I
> >have poked around the icdevgroup site and google and the last ~3 months
> >list archives but have been unable to find anything that might help
> >explain what's going on.
> >
> >When the program is complaining about permissions, is it complaining about
> >file-system permissions or it's own internal table of allowable actions
> >for a user? (I am logged in a the site admin/super user.)
> That message would suggest a problem with logical permissions within the
> UI, not file system permissions.

Also, if you are using DBM you are set up for problems. We now
require SQL for catalogs if you are going to use the Admin UI.

Mike Heins
phone +1.765.647.1295      <mike at perusion.com>

Some people have twenty years of experience, some people have
one year of experience twenty times over. -- Anonymous