[ic] Mike's demo - Product Tree not working IE5.0

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Fri Dec 12 11:08:01 EST 2003

Quoting Andrew Rich (andrew at mapsdownunder.com.au):
> Hi All
>
> Just wondering if anyone would know why Mike's demo (5) Product Tree
> wouldn't show on early MS IE 5.0 (40 bit).
>
> Is ok in IE 6.
>
> URL is www.itdownunder.com.au
>
> This was not in SSL either.
>
> Is it a style sheet issue?
>
> I was looking at building a new site based on this demo (my foundation sites
> a working ok).

MSIE 5.0's CSS is not up to snuff, and I guess our default browser
recognition string thinks it is.

If you set this in the catalog.cfg:

    Variable MV_DHTML_BROWSER MSIE\s+5.5.*Windows|MSIE\s+[67]\.|Gecko

it should send those to the old tree.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.647.1295      <mike at perusion.com>

Any man who is under 30, and is not liberal, has not heart; and any man
who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has not brains.
 -- Winston Churchill