[ic] Errors when trying to use state for shipping selection

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Fri Dec 12 11:55:58 EST 2003

At 08:47 AM 12/12/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm running into some errors when I try to restrict different shipping
>modes based on the sate. I have the different shipping modes in the
>shipmode column in the state table using spaces to separate them, just
>like you do in the country table. The error I'm getting looks like this:
>
>Runtime error: Can't locate object method "single" via package
>"Vend::Table::GDBM" (perhaps you forgot to load "Vend::Table::GDBM"?) at
>/home/inkjet/interchange/lib/Vend/Ship.pm line 429.
>
>and the code for the shipping selection looks like this:
>
>          <SELECT NAME=mv_shipmode>
>           [shipping
>             label=1
>             mode=|[data table=state key='[default state UT]' col=shipmodes]|
>           ]
>           </SELECT>
>
>although I have also tried:
>
>         <select name=mv_shipmode>
>         [loop list="[shipping possible=1]"]
>           <option value="[loop-code]"> [shipping-desc mode="[loop-code]"]
>         [/loop]
>         </select>
>
>I started out on IC 4.8.7, tried it on 4.9.9 and my current test server is
>running 5.0.0 RC2 just for kicks and giggles. I even grabbed the current
>Bundle:Interchange and the kitchensink just in case.
>
>Has anyone out there been able to get this working or is it just a broken
>feature that isn't ready for use yet?

This could have something to do with your Perl or database setup. Are you
using the internal db or an external one (such as MySQL) for the state
table (i.e. do you have state.sql or state.gdbm in your products/ dir)? Are
you saying the shipping selector on the checkout page is empty? Does it
work with the country table (which is the default setup)?

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax