[ic] Stock-Alert

Jon prtyof5 at attglobal.net
Sat Dec 13 12:03:40 EST 2003

> > Using the stock-alert code posted some time back
> >
> > With mod_rewrites the form action process-target
> > doesn't seem to find the mv_nextpage=stock-alert-added
> > With
> > <input type="hidden" name="mv_todo" value="return">
> > it seems to be going off in the weeds somewhere
> > and not to stock-alert-added as expected.
> >
> > Has anyone else encountered ??
> >
> BTW, IC 4.9.3
> A little more details...
> It appears as if the check_alert_form section isn't functioning.
> If I add the line with *** for the mv_nextpage variable then
> it basically functions but of course no input verification
> will function.
>       <form action="[process-target]" method="POST">
>         <input type="hidden" name="mv_todo" value="return">
>         <input type="hidden" name="mv_check" value="check_alert_form">
>         <input type="hidden" name="mv_nextpage"
> value="stock-alert-added"> ********
> [set check_alert_form]
> [if !value email]
> form_errors=We must have an email address in order to notify you.
> mv_nextpage=@@MV_PAGE@@
> [else]
> mv_nextpage=stock-alert-added
> [/else]
> [/if]
> [/set]

I'm sure this has something to do with my rewrites since if I remove the
mod_rewrite stuff everything works. I've looked at my rewrite log and
for sure it is getting rewritten with the cgi-bin stuff, but what is a bit
is that the checkout page, which also uses process.html, seems to work
just fine.  Is there something special that has to be done with rewrites
properly access process.html ?  Or is there another approach I can take
to the stock-alert capability that will work with rewrites ?