[ic] Stumped with shipping options

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Sat Dec 13 12:31:40 EST 2003

At 11:52 AM 12/13/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>On Thursday 11 December 2003 03:51 pm, Riccardo Parola wrote:
> > I've been trying to set my shipping options to offer only a few of the
> > shipping methods, I searched the list and google in general, I read the
> > help pages and they say "Select one of the currently existing shipping
> > methods from the list and click "edit method" to change its name, enable or
> > disable it". For the life of me there is no "box" in my control panel by
> > "enable this method" as described in the docs.
> >
> > I found one other message stating the same during my searches but no answer
> > to the question.
> >
> > Please help.
> >
> > BTW: Not afraid of shell and/or editing text files and/or manually going
> > into MySql through shell, where are those settings stored?
>
>Is this unusual?
>
>I take it it's one of two cases:
>
>1 - It's so obvious everyone is thinking "RTFM" shaking their heads at the
>impudence of my so obvious question. (In this case I'd love a "RTFM you
>sucker!" in response)
>
>2 - It is so weird and unusual a situation nobody ever had the problem (other
>than the other guy who posted the same without reply) and nobody knows what
>to tell me, I'm F%^$% and better off scratching the whole thing and get into
>the goats marketing industry.
>
>any clue anyone?

In the foundation demo, the list of shipping methods presented to the
customer is taken from one or more tables that contain regional data -
country is the most common one. Edit the shipmodes column for the country
records of concern to change the choices that are presented to the customer.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax