[ic] Encryption not needed?

David Radovanovic david.radovanovic at verizon.net
Tue Dec 16 17:36:23 EST 2003

Hello,

Installed Interchange 4.8.7 several weeks ago and finished redesigning the
user interface (using the foundation demo); templates, pages, databases,
etc. The site was built for a customer who sells supplies to hospitals,
hmos, etc. Originally it was meant to be open to the general public however
things have changed (who could have guessed) and the site will be accessed
via password only by one of their clients that has several dozen "centers"
that supply their own customers throughout the US. Each "center" will
username/password access. There will be no payments or payment information
given since purchases will be billed as a "AR" account. Encryption isn't
necessary (or is it?). After the "center" employee (customer) logs in, all
the shipping and account information will be pre-populated in the data/forms
displayed on the pages, though not changeable/editable (by the "center"
employee). The Order Number will be formatted to include the date,time,and
"center" code, i.e. Order Number: 12160314-539.

The newbie questions are as follows:

1. Since encryption isn't needed, is there simple way to by-pass the
security-specific functions?
2. Can I reformat the order number as specified?
3. How do I set the "demo" site live without encryption enabled?

I've searched in vain and any help is very much appreciated. Thanks for a
FANTASTIC app :)

David Radovanovic
WhatsTheBigIdea.com, Inc.
-- Bright ideas for the Web!