[ic] help with survey

Nathan Barnett nbarnett at specialty-books.com
Fri Dec 19 15:36:08 EST 2003

       I have been trying to create a survey in Interchange (vers
4.9.8), however, I have run into some unpleasant difficulties, which I
am hoping someone will be able to address.  For one, I seem to be unable
to use the admin UI version of survey creation to obtain the same survey
functionality as represented in the Foundation (in fact, attempting to
modify the Foundation survey in the admin UI actually decreases the
Foundation survey's functionality).  By functionality, I mean certain
aspects that are present in the Foundation survey, but I seem to be
unable to duplicate through the admin UI.  For instance, the last
question page in the Foundation survey replaces the 'Next -->' button
with a 'Finish' button, but this capability seems to be missing from the
Admin UI.  Also, the survey created through the admin UI does not seem
to record any results, and thus allows one to take the survey multiple
times.  Also, a strange 'GO' link is created on the final page that
links back to the home page and final page titles do not seem to be
displaying properly.
        Is there some other way to modify/create surveys (besides the
admin UI)?  The only other way I can think of is hand modifying the
survey.txt file, but that seems a bit more work than should be
necessary.  Or have these issues been addressed in the newer versions of
Interchange?

Are there any other files related to the surveys functionality besides
survey.txt?

        Advice and/or answers would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!