[ic] RequiredFields

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Mon Dec 29 15:48:38 EST 2003

At 01:09 PM 12/29/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello:
>
>I'm running interchange 4.8.7 on FreeBSD 4.7, Perl 5.8.0 using the
>foundation as the base for my site. I've added new fields, one of which is
>user_initials in the userdb. user_initials is a required field that I've
>added to the profile.order page. However, the checkout page allows the user
>to proceed without entering their user_initials and the required
>mv_shipmode. Anything I've missed besides adding the new field name to
>profile.order?

You need to Apply Changes (or restart interchange) when making any changes
to etc/profiles.*
Also note that there is a separate profile for each payment time, so be
sure to add your new order checks for all payment methods that you accept.
Finally, add an [error ...] tag for the field label of your user_initials
input so that the failed check can be displayed in context.

- Ed L.

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax