[ic] Gift Certificates

Daniel Newman interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Feb 4 23:30:01 2003

>I was wondering if anyone could help me.  I am trying to implement gift certificate functionality on our website and am not sure >where to start.  Any help would be appreciated.

>Thank you,
>Dan

I have been graciously admonished for my much to general question, so here is a better layout of the issue.
We are running Interchange 4.8.3.  (Note: I would like to upgrade, but our ISP will not let us at present due to other users.)
This being the case, whether pertinent or not, we would like to implement gift certificates so that when checking out; a user enters the certificate number and it will auto recalc as that the number is checked against those in a dbase and deducts the proper amount from the order total no matter what the payment term or type is.

I trust this is clear.  If anyone knows the best direction to head or if there is a better form or way of doing this, please advise.  Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan