[ic] silly archiving orders question?

J P interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Feb 5 03:02:01 2003

I've searched the site and list and didn't really find
an answer to this.  I seen in the UI where the orders
are displayed there is an option to archive orders.
I'm guessing on high volume stores this probably gets
used quite a bit.  But, what happens when an order is
archived?  Does that change based upon the order
status (ie, shipped vs cancelled)?  And more
importantly, how does this affect the reporting
function?  Say I archive the orders once a week, if I
do an order or traffic report for the last month, are
those numbers still available for the reporting
functions.  I hope so because I would think that would
be essential, but just wanted to check before I click
that button.

Thx.