[ic] Unexpected interpolation of [discount-price]

Wed Feb 5 10:27:01 2003

Quoting John Rennie (john.rennie@thechampagneshop.co.uk):
> Quoting Mike Heins [mike@perusion.com]
> >Quoting John Rennie (john.rennie@thechampagneshop.co.uk):
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> There are occasions (specifically when it's viewed for editing on a
> >> page or component in the UI) when [discount-price] is converted from
> >> tag into $0.00, when it shouldn't be interpolated -- just as other
> >> tags aren't converted.
> >>
> >> For example, create a new page, enter [discount-price] as the
> content.
> >> Save the page, then get the UI to reload it. The content is now $0.00
>
> >> (just confirmed in latest demo on web).
> >>
> >> --snip
> >> lots of waffle about what the solution might be, but isn't
> >> --end snip
> >
> >I would be happy to fix this if I could figure out what you
> >are talking about.
> >
> >Could you provide a small self-contained snippet of ITL which
> illustrates the probem?
> >
> Yes, sorry it's unclear.
>
> I've (just) created and saved a component called 'Test of
> discount-price',
> filename 'jdr' in the demo area 1, that just contains [discount-price]
> as
> the component body. Retrieval via file transfer gives:
>
> [comment]
> ui_component: jdr
> ui_type: component
> ui_name: jdr
> ui_component_version: 4.9.7
> ui_label: Test of discount-price
>

> [/comment]
> [discount-price]

Aha.

You need to use [item-discount-price] (or [PREFIX-discount-price]).
I will change that in the default cart component....

This is a compatibility situation, where we want to retain compatiblility
with older code. To use the component editor, you have to use the
new version.

I will put a change to the docs in my todo list....

In short, don't use [discount-price]. Use [item-discount-price].

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.