[ic] GDBM is installed but IC says NOT

Wed Feb 5 13:03:00 2003

Quoting webmaster (webmaster@web-vision.de):
> Hi there,
>
> at first many thanks for the support with my last problem (admin-interface).
>
> The basics:
> i am using HP-UX on Itanium with IC 4.9.6 and perl 5.8.0 (from a hp-depot)
> and mysql
>
> Since i made the "workaround" with commenting out "Database ichelp" entries
> in catalog_before.cfg the admin interface is even accessable.
>
> The problem:
> I understand that i have either to get GDBM or Berkeley DB_File running.
> If I do a "swlist" which shows my the installed depots - there is a GDBM
> entry with version 1.8.0.
>
> BUT ic (the admin-interface) tells me there GDBM is missing AND on many
> pages of the admin interface I get internal server errors.

AS I SAID, you will have many problems until your perl has GDBM_File
or Berkeley DB. There are other technical solutions which are much
more complicated, but are possible.

So please don't bother the list with this until you get GDBM built into
your perl.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>