[ic] Restart and stop problems (multilple processes)

Wed Feb 5 16:42:00 2003

Quoting Dorothy Puma (dorothy@digilink.net):
> Sach Jobb wrote:
> >>Has any one else seen this same behavior with restarting or stopping the
> >>interchange process, and have an idea on how to fix it???
> >

> > Mine works okay but i'm using OpenBSD.
> >
> > However, you should be able to do this manually, no? If it's Slowlaris you
> > could do something like 'ps -ef | grep interchange'. Look at what the PID
> > is and simply kill it ('kill $PID'). Then just start it normally.
> >
> > I suppose you could automate this process using some sort of combination
> > involving 'ps' and 'cut' (or just making your own pid file?) but since the
> > program 'interchange' is itself simply a perl script perhaps the solution
> > likes in hacking it.
>
> I have been doing the kill manually, it's just a pain. I've been running
> interchange since the good old minivend days and never had this problem.
>   I would hack the perl script, but wouldn't know where to start :-)

I would like to fix this, and I imagine it is simple.

Unfortunately I have no more Solaris machines and have no clients
who use them, so I cannot test this. Without some authoritative
debug info and without a platform to test on, there is not much I can do.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence
is simplicity. -- Longfellow