[ic] Intermittent error

Fri Feb 7 16:28:00 2003

Quoting JOHN WRONG (java02@ureach.com):
> > This doesn't happen all the time but enough to annoy the hell
> out of someone.
> > some times when I
> > 1. log in
> > 2. Enter a new item into the catalog
> > 3. check out of my shopping cart
> >
> > I get this error
> > http://www.consolidatedbp.com/pdf/error.jpg
> >
> > An this error in the error log
> > 216.39.48.209 r4ZecWgr:216.39.48.209 -
> [31/January/2003:11:28:58 -0500] sales
> > /cgi-bin/sales/L1518X5.html Safe: syntax error at (eval 482)
> line 13, near "x   push"
> > >

> > >   my @out;
> > >   my $ref;
> > >   my $db;
> > >   delete $Scratch->{promo_codes};
> > >   my $date = $Tag->time( { body => '%Y%m%d' } );
> > >   $ref = $Tmp->{main} or return;
> > >   for(@$ref) {
> > >    my $line = $_;
> > >    push(@out, $line->[0]), next if ! $line->[1];
> > >    next if $line->[2] gt $date;
> > >    next if $line->[3] lt $date;
> > > x   push @out, $line->[0];
> > >   }
> > >   $Scratch->{promo_codes} = join(' ', @out);
> > >   return;
> > >

> > this site was originally started to be developed by the web
> hosting company. Even though they were
> > the ones that started with interchange and have had this
> error right along they have not been very
> > helpful in getting rid of it.  Please help if you can.
>

> I can't answer your question. But like to add that this happens
> to me too. I don't think it is IC though but not sure. It
> happens on IC 4.8.2 and 4.8.6. I get this error at least 4 to 5
> times a day. Maybe it is the server or something but I run IC
> on Sun E450 with 2 CPU and 2gig or ram and it is on the same
> network. Anyone else having the same problem?

Doesn't anyone *read* the error log entries? It is clear that
there is a stray "x" at the beginning of a line of code in
the promo component -- I don't know how it got there, but I see
it in the log entry. It even tells you where the syntax error is...

All you would have to do is search for "promo_codes" (there is no
excuse not to anymore, you can do it in the UI file transfer menu
and find the stray "x".

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

"Laughter is inner jogging." -- Norman Cousins