[ic] Auto-create of user failed pt 2

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Feb 9 00:34:01 2003

> I'm still having major issues with auto-creation of users from
> log_transaction. Here's my error message.
>
> 203.59.203.83 TCqScGsN:203.14.169.19 - [08/February/2003:03:38:52 -0500]
> store /cgi-bin/store/process Safe: Auto-create of user failed. at (eval
> 1395) line 1.
> >
> >  die errmsg("Auto-create of user failed.");

[snipped]

Cameron,

Can this be related to your appended \r you were experiencing? It sounds
like something has seriously gone wrong/ or you doing something wrong when
you are editing the files. Is this foundation? If it is I don't understand
why these two generic functions have gone haywire on you. If it were me I
would just hire a consultant for a 1/2 hour to take a look around your
catalog.

I hope I don't offend you by saying that, it is just that you have not
indicated that you have strayed wildly off the foundation demo, so if the
(log_transaction appending \r) and the auto creation of users is falling
apart on you, I think there is a root your problems, maybe with the methods
you are using to edit the files. Check all your files for carriage returns.
If you rid yourself of them be careful as some may be there for a reason, so
don't do it recursively (directories), but most don't need to be there.

Also, even though you are using ssh and an linux editor, I *think that if
you are pasting from a windows app into say vi, the carriage returns can
still be present. I could be wrong. Did you ever fix your appending \r
issue? Is it possible that the appending \r is in the form itself <inputs>,
a formatting issue copied over from Windows? I remember you saying that
there were none in log_transaction...

However, If you have strayed wildly from foundation then you will have to
post more code.

Paul