[ic] Can't get OR complex searches to run - need SQL how to

Kevin Old interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Feb 10 12:57:00 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 11:25, Mike Heins wrote:
> Quoting Kevin Old (kold@carolina.rr.com):
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have a store selling movies.  I have to "genre codes" of movies that
> > I'd like to appear under one Category.  I can't get the following
> > complex search to work for me:
> >
> > [area	href=scan
> > 	search=|
> >
> > 		fi=products
> > 		st=db
> > 		os=yes
> > 		co=1
> >
> > 		sf=category
> > 		se=FAM
> > 		op=rm
> > 		nu=0
> >
> > 		sf=category
> > 		se=CLL
> > 		op=rm
> > 		nu=0
> >
> > 		ml=50
> > ]
> >
> > I basically want to display all items in the products table with the
> > category of "FAM" OR "CLL".  All I get back is no matches, when I'm sure
> > there's data there.
>
> You need to add another "os=yes".
>
> Or you can simply do:
>
> 	fi=products
> 	ac=0
> 	sf=category
> 	se=FAM|CLL
>
> It would be faster and less load on your database if you exported
> it to the text file and put st=text.

Thanks, Mike, this worked!  One issue though....On the results page,
it's printing the bar with the category Banner_text every few
products....any idea what would cause this?  Other pages look fine.

Thanks,
Kevin
--
Kevin Old <kold@carolina.rr.com>