[ic] Writing a new payment module - please help!

dzhang-msi interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Feb 11 21:38:00 2003

   ----- Original Message -----
From: "Lyn St George" <lyn@zolotek.net>
To: <interchange-users@icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 6:19 PM
Subject: Re: [ic] Writing a new payment module - please help!

> >Secondly, I need some information on the %result hash:
> >
> >$result{'pop.order-id'} - this should be set to the transaction reference
> >returned by the payment processor, right? What should be done with the
> >Interchange-generated $orderID (from the Signio module), if anything?
> >
> >$result{'pop.auth-code'} - I guess this should be the authorization code
> >returned from the bank?
> >
> >What do pop.avs_code, pop.avs_zip, and pop.avs_addr expect to receive
from
> >the response? The payment gateway I'm using can return several responses
> >including: matched, code match only, address match only, and no match,
but
> >there is no 'zip match only'.

99.9%, the relation must be:

pop.avs_code    - > matched     (both zip code and address are matched)
pop.avs_zip    ->  code match only    ( zip code matched only)
pop.avs_addr  ->  address match only   ( as says)

If you are not sure, it may be a good idea to ask the bank "Does 'code match
only' mean only the zip code is verified"?

David
dzhang@msihosting.com
http://www.msihosting.com
Expert -- ecommerce solutions, interchange hosting