[ic] Problems with Admin UI in 4.9.7 build

Kevin Old interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Feb 12 12:21:01 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 11:41, Paul Jordan wrote:
> [lazy  quoting fixed]
> >
> > Quoting Steve in DC (steve@dcsteve72.com):
> > Just installed the latest build of Interchange and there seems to be
> > some issues with the CSS/HTML. It's all out of whack. Everything in
> > just plain links, no icons, etc. I went back to a build from a couple
> > weeks ago and it worked fine.
> >
> > Anyone have any thoughts about where to start checking this?
> >

> > > Assuming you are talking about the UI, the image share directory didn't
> > > get copied over to the right place, that is all.
> > >
> > > If you go back to 4.9.7 and then copy the files from
> ICDIR/share/interchange
> > > to your DOCROOT/interchange directory, all should be well.

> the

> > Kevin
>

> Kevin, DOCROOT is the DOCROOT you specified when installing interchange, and
> is the directory of your httpdocs. I have seen these called... httpdocs,
> www, and similar. It is the directory that you would be ploped into if you
> just went to www.foo.com
>
> ICDIR is referring to the directory that houses IC itself, not your catalog.
> It is *usually named /interchange/ but can be what you specify, mine is /ic/
> some mine would be ic/shared/interchange, but your very well could be
> interchange/share/interchange, which would be correct according to you
> reply... /usr/local/interchange/share/interchange
>
> Also, Mikes reply pointed you to a directory called interchange for the
> correct images and css files, but in my recent experience, you might
> (instead) need the files that are in the interchange-5 directory, which is
> in the same place (you will see it). This could be different, I think I
> upgraded about 10 days ago.
>
> HTH
> Paul
Thanks Paul.  All is well....here's my setup on RH 7.3 for the archives.

My DOCROOT is /var/www/html/interchange
My ICDIR is /usr/local/interchange

I copied everything from /usr/local/interchange/share/interchange to
/var/www/html/interchange and the UI was fixed.  All that was missing
seemed to be two CSS files ic.css and ic1.css.

Hope this helps anyone that runs into this problem in the future.

Kevin

--
Kevin Old <kold@carolina.rr.com>